David S. Howe has more than 30 years of experience in the trial of serious personal injury cases.
Born in Rochester, New York, Dave earned a Bachelor of Science, Masters in Business Administration and Law Degree at Syracuse University. Early in his career, he was a successful prosecutor in the Felony Trial Unit of the Onondaga County District Attorney’s Office. Thereafter, he joined the Litigation Department of another local law firm, and ultimately served as the Chair of its Litigation Department. He spent 25 years successfully trying civil cases, particularly in the areas of motor vehicle negligence, hospital malpractice, products liability, environmental law, and propane and trucking litigation defense. His clients have included Ford, Volvo, Anheuser-Busch, Suburban Propane, AmeriGas and EOG Resources, as well as plaintiffs in serious personal injury cases.
Dave is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and a past Chair and current Executive Committee member of the Trial Lawyers Section of the New York State Bar Association. He serves as that section’s liaison to the Dispute Resolution section, in which he is also an active member. He is available for the mediation of all litigation and pre-litigation disputes.
In his life outside the law, Dave is the proud father of three grown children. He is an avid sailor, runner, skier, traveler, hunter and photographer.
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D.) 1972
- Order of the Coif
- Justinian Honor Society
- Syracuse University (M.B.A) 1968
- Syracuse University (B.S.) 1965
Professional & Community Activities
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Executive Committee, Trial Lawyers Section, New York State Bar Association
- Dispute Resolution Section, New York State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- NDNY Federal Court Bar Association, Inc.