Eric has more than 23 years of experience in the litigation and trial of serious personal injury claims. He earned his Bachelor Degree at Cornell University in 1987, and his law degree with honors at the University at Buffalo School of Law in 1992. In 1993, he served as a confidential law clerk to then-Chief Judge Thomas J. McAvoy of the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York.
Eric began his career at a large law firm in Syracuse where he developed his trial skills. Practicing extensively in both state and federal court, he has represented individuals and their families in a wide variety of serious personal injury and wrongful death cases (motor vehicle accidents, construction accidents, medical malpractice and defective products) that have resulted in millions of dollars in recoveries for the firm’s clients. PNH’s clients are well served by Eric’s excellent writing skills, attention to detail and strong trial advocacy.
Eric has been active with the state and local bar. He served on the Executive Committee of the Trial Lawyers Section of the New York State Bar Association, and currently serves on the Board of Trustees of the Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association. In 2005, Eric was appointed to the NYSBA Task Force on E-Filing of Court Documents. From 2006-2010, he served on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the American Red Cross, Onondaga-Oswego Chapter. He lectures frequently on a wide variety of topics that impact his profession.
Before law school, Eric worked for three years with a neuropsychology team in Cortland, N.Y. rehabilitating victims of traumatic brain injuries. He resides in Syracuse with his wife, Kathleen, a former Hospice social worker.
- University at Buffalo Law School (J.D.) 1992
- Graduate with Honors
- Managing Editor, Buffalo Law Review
- Best Brief Award, 5th Annual Charles S. Desmond Moot Court Competition
- Cornell University (A.B.) 1987
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Court (Northern, Southern, Eastern & Western Districts)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Professional & Community Activities
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Board of Trustees, Federal Court Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America